This guide is intended for Collaborate meeting organizers who wish to use a Third party teleconference system instead of the default
system provided by Collaborate.
Collaborate meeting organizers who do not intend to use the teleconference feature can disregard these instructions.
Third party teleconferencing can be enabled during the meeting creation process, or later on by editing an existing meeting.
To enable Third Party Teleconferencing during the meeting creating process:
- Click the Use Third Party Teleconference Line checkbox under the Participant Settings heading.
- Please note that once you create your meeting with this feature enabled, it can not be disabled.
To enable Third Party Teleconferencing after a meeting has been created:
- Click the meeting name in your Collaborate Calendar on LearnNowBC,
- Click the "Edit Meeting" button,
- Click the Use Third Party Teleconference Line checkbox under the Participant Settings heading,
- Press the Next button, then press it again, and finally press the Update Meeting button.
- Meeting update emails will be sent to all registered participants and moderators.
For Long-Term meetings: these emails will include new participant and moderator links. For Long-Term meetings, the old participant and moderator links will no longer function. Be sure to forward the appropriate link (participant or moderator) to individuals not listed in the Collaborate meeting details screen.
- Please note that once you save your meeting with this feature enabled, it can not be disabled.
Once you have enabled Third Party Teleconferencing for your meeting, you must configure the teleconference line within Collaborate:
- Enter your meeting as a moderator by clicking on the moderator link in the LearnNowBC Collaborate email, or by clicking on the meeting name in your Collaborate Calendar on LearnNowBC, and then click on the moderator link on the Meeting Details page.
- Once your Collaborate meeting has started, click the Tools / Telephony / Configure Teleconference menu item.
- The Teleconference Connection dialogue box will open. By default all values have been set to zeros.
- Enter your teleconference line information in the appropriate boxes, then press the Save button.
- Please note that the Moderator and Session Information numbers are most often the same number.
- You can update this information at any time by following the steps above.
- For more information on configuring Third Party Teleconference Lines, please see Blackboard's documentation.
If you have enabled Third party teleconferencing and do not wish to use a teleconference system at all, you do not have to do anything; you can use the built-in audio conferencing feature within Collaborate.